Sidor

Nov 24, 2011

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho

Okay, I just finished watching My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (I actually finished it like, this very minute lol!) so I decided to share some thoughts!

Okay, so I'll tell you quickly about the story: One day Cha Dae Woong (Lee Seung Gi) accidently sets a gumiho/nine-tailed fox (Shin Min Ah) free who has been locked up by her grandmother in a painting for over 500 years. The gumiho takes form of a human and she starts to follow Dae Woong and takes liking to him. She also threatens to eat him if he doesn't buy her cow meat.


There is a whole lot more to tell about the story but as usual I don't want to spoil anything!

Anyway, I'll share some thoughts! First of all, this drama can be described in two simple words: Cuteness Overload! I mean, Seung Gi / Dae Woong is simply a cutie and the gumiho / Min Ah is so adooooorable! Her character is just.. So cute!
At first, I didn't actually like her at all. But it took me only like, 2 episodes or so to start to like her.

I really enjoyed the drama a lot! Watching Dae Woong being scared of gumiho and trying to get rid of her, while she was fond of him and wanted to follow him everywhere. Seeing Dae Woong trying to deny his feelings when he started to fall for gumiho, since he felt that he couldn't possibly be falling for a non-human being.

The ending.. Maybe it's because I just finished watching it and I haven't really had time to process it, but I'm not sure what I think about the ending yet. It's not a tragedy ending though, but I'd be very surprised if it was since it's the Hong Sisters who wrote this drama. But I still don't know if I think the ending was good or bad? Hmm.. I DO think that it could have been done a bit better, but at the same time it didn't really disappoint me completely either. The last few episodes made me feel a bit uneasy though (if you watch the drama you will get why I guess) but what happened there is something that happens in many dramas so I don't know why I felt that way. Okay, it's hard to try to tell you about it this way since I can't spoil lol.. <_< But honestly, other than that thing, I really really enjoyed this drama! It's simply cute and funny, and it makes you happy. Of course there are sad moments too, otherwise we couldn't call it drama, na? ;)

WOW, okay I just blabbered in this post, sorry. ._.

Summary: If you are looking for a cute and fun series, but also with a good amount of drama, you should check My Girlfriend is a Gumiho out!

Hyung 형

No comments:

Post a Comment