Sidor

Dec 11, 2011

Hiyokoi

Hello people! I just finished an anime called Hiyokoi and I thought I'd share some thoughts about it.
Actually, it's not really an anime series because it's only one episode so I guess it would be called a 'special'. The episode is based on a manga of the same name; I didn't read the manga so I won't base my post on anything about the manga at all.

First off: Honestly, this anime didn't really appeal to me very much. I'm not very much of a shojo person; I do like shojo though but not these super girly ones with cliché after cliché. I'd say Hiyokoi was a bit like that I guess.



The girl is a super-tiny, super-shy girl (Hiyori) who comes back to school after a year of being hospitalized from getting run over by a truck breaking all her bones (lol.. but that's what they said at least. o.o). She is the typical blushing, quiet, crying little kawaii-shojo girl. Unfortunately, the type of girls I don't usually like in a manga/anime. Then there's this guy (Yuushin) who is very tall, popular amongst the students, talks a lot, smiles a lot, makes jokes but is still kind. Unfortunately, the type of guys I don't usually like in a manga/anime.

So I guess that pretty much sums up why I wasn't too fond of the anime. But the last thing is all the cliché's. I'm not going to give you all the examples I could, but for example the last scene.. Hiyori is sitting next to Yuushin in class (of course) and he is asleep, when Hiyori figures out that she doesn't have a notebook with her (this happens two times in this short anime as well..) so she shyly tries to wake him up to ask for it. But it seems like he doesn't hear her, so she gets dissappointed (awww..). But then(!!), while in the same sleeping pose, he hands her his notebook, and then we get a zoom in on his face, smiling at her. And she gets super surprised and blushy and this scene gets a couple of seconds of slow-motioned bubbles flying around on a pink background with them smiling and blushing and whatever, and then the episode is over. wat.

Sorry that it sounds like I'm bashing this anime but I don't really mean it in that way lol. D; (I hope no hardcore-Hiyoki fans come read this, they all would hate me, HAH :C) I'm just trying to tell you why I wasn't fond of the anime, and I don't mean that you would dislike it just because I did!
If you are a shojo-lover then I bet you would enjoy this anime anyway! I mean, it's only like, 22 minutes long, so why not give it a try? ^^

Hyung 형

No comments:

Post a Comment