Sidor

Jan 17, 2012

Liar Game

Hey everyone.
So, I just finished the most exciting J-Drama I've ever watched! It feels weird calling it a drama since I immediately think of romance and emotions and such, but this drama isn't like that at all. But I'll just stick with calling it a drama for now.

So, the genre can be called psychological thriller, and the feeling I get out of the drama is kind of a mix between Saw and Death Note, lol. Just without the goreish killings and without shinigamis.
Nah, but really, it's a very exciting drama and I just couldn't stop watching! As you can tell from the name, it's all about this game called Liar Game. I won't tell you much about the plot because I suck at that, but basically the game mostly has one basic rule: Steal the money from the opponents, and keep yours safe. If you lose your money, you will be in debt to the Liar Game company-thingy. And we're not talking about 1000 yen or something here, no. The least amount given in the games has so far been 100 million yen. That's a lot of debt if you lose them all to the opponents, if you ask me.

The main characters in this series decides to help each others for various reasons that you will learn by watching the drama. It starts with this girl who is the most easy-manipulated human being on planet earth, who gets together with a guy who just got released from prison and whom is only capable of making one facial expression.
LOL sorry, I just had to hahah. Anyway I actually really like these characters so don't get fooled by how I describe them (even though it's pretty much accurate). They are pretty much the opposite of each others, but that makes it all even more interesting! And wow, Akiyama (err, I think that was his name at least.. sorry if it's wrong) is like, REALLY SMART. And THAT, lemme tell ya, is something you have to be to win Liar Game.
I really got amazed by the writers over and over and over. Not only is the concept really cool and exciting, but the thoughts behind each and every single game. The players come up with ridiculous (in a good way) strategies that makes you go "how the heck did he think of that?!" many times over and over. You can never relax watching this drama, cuz it's.. it's just effin dramatic! D:



Anyway, I have basically no complaints about this actually. Except for the fact that they use a friggin Jigsaw (Saw) ripoff to announce the games and close to the end of the series they introduce a Near (Death Note) reincarnation, just a bit more creepy and not quite as childish.. Just almost. (Hmm, so THIS is why this drama made me feel a Saw and Death Note vibe eh?)
Nah, but actually this didn't really matter to me once I got over it, at all. The rest of the dramas awesomeness totally overshined my small and personal complaints!
There was one thing though that I THOUGHT was going to be a complaint of mine, but it always turned out not to be. There popped up many questions in my head like "aww come on, is that even allowed?" and "that isn't possible right??" or "how can they do that?!" etc. But as usual, I got amazed by the series, because I actually think it managed to pretty much answer every single question that my brain raised. And the answers were always ameeeehhzing!

Anyway, enough with me praising and praising. This is not a drama for everyone, I know that. If you're the kind that only likes lovey-dovey dramas, well, this may not be something for you. Otherwise.. try watching it! If you don't get stuck already at episode 1, then I don't even know! :@
Oh, and just one thing: If you're planning to watch this drama, make sure you bring your brain. You're gonna need it to handle all the mindfucks, lol.
9,5/10
- Hyung 형

No comments:

Post a Comment