Sidor

Jan 18, 2012

Liar game season 2 + Movies

WARNING: LONG POST IS LONG.

I know I wrote an entry about Liar Game season 1 yesterday.. But today I will write more about Liar Game, gomenasai! I decided to write it while my memory of it is fresh.

Well, I've just finished watching both Season 2 and the movie Liar Game: The Final Stage. Now, I may sound a little obsessed since I watched season 1, season 2 and the movie in like 4 days or so.. But lemme tell ya..! ..Err ok, I was simply obsessed.


In season 2, we get trolled and mindfucked even more than earlier, we learn that Nao never learns from her mistakes, and Akiyama is still as protective of Nao as always.
I really enjoyed the second season as well and just like the first season, I just couldn't stop watching! (Just ask Dongsaeng..). With this said, in my opinion season 1 was still a tad better and more exciting. I don't know if it was because it was all new then or something like that. I did feel though that some of the games in season 2 didn't give me the same feel of desperation, anxiousty and excitement as the first season games. I thought about why for a while, and I think I may have come up with a conclusion to why. I felt that in the first season, the games evolved more around the money you have. For example, in the resurrection game (err.. I think it was called something like that), Akiyama came to Nao's rescue and helped her get more votes through manipulating people using money and money only.
Anyway, my point is.. I felt that the first season evolved more around how you use your money to manipulate others, and to win yourself. The second season felt more like.. You have to win the games (russian roulette, 17 poker etc) to get the money. But then, there weren't really anything more to it, the one who won the most money simply won. There were not much of bribing or manipulating people with money as before. I DO though think that this may be because of character developement on Akiyamas side. Won't get any deeper into that right now tho.
Anyway, the point of Liar Game is obviously to lie to get where you want (...or.. IS IT ;)), and this remained also in season 2 so I can get over the fact that the money weren't used in the same way. I can just tell ya.. There aint no pure luck in who wins the games. No luck at all. Ya gotta have the brains, people!



Moving on to the movie. The movie picked up where season 2 left off, and the movie evolves around the last stage of Liar Game. Akiyama and Nao wants to put an end to this horrible game, and to win the whole game may be the only way to stop it.
I actually liked the last game (this movie evolved only around this last game) quite a lot! At first it seemed like they couldn't do much to win than to ally with others, but it turned out I was wrong. Many players, especially Akiyama obviously, finds many different ways to make the other players lose that I would never ever have thought of.
This movie also has troll over troll over troll over troll. But yeah, that's what Troll Ga- err, I mean Liar Game is all about.
The end of the movie was pretty nice in my opinion. It was kind of heart-warming and sweet, but I just kind of wanted to know a liiiittle bit more of what happened after the end of the game. After the credits, there was another little scene in the end though. Nao gets another black letter in her mailbox (Liar Game always sends invitations or other information using black letters) so she gets really nervous (me too! :C). But when she opens it, it turns out it is not sent from the Liar Game office, but it contains like, a 1000-yen bill? And a letter. I suppose maybe from Akiyama? Why do I suppose and not know? BECAUSE THE TRANSLATORS DIDN'T TRANSLATE WHAT THE HECK WAS WRITTEN IN THE LETTER T__T *sob*. All I could read out of it was an "arigatou", but there was a sentence before that, that I still have no idea what it said. And IF it is from Akiyama, that means they no longer meet in person, right? But do they keep contact? It sounded like they were going to, before the end credits started to roll.. I have no idea. I've just gotta find out what that letter meant. -_-
I googled it and found out what the letter said! :'D It was not from Akiyama though so we will probably see no more developement on if they still meet each others etc, but it was from someone else, I'm not going to explain it because this entry is already too long, but it's really sweet anyway :')

And one last thing I'll write about in this post that no one will wanna read cuz it's effin long: There is ANOTHER Liar Game movie coming up in 2012. Yay? I don't know..
The Liar Game series has so far evolved all around Akiyama and Nao, them helping each others, them being the only one the other can trust, them needing the other one to win the Liar Game.. Yeah! Woo! I loved this duo, they were really different, yet they- WHAAA THEY ARE CHANGING THE HEROINE FOR THIS MOVIE?
Yeah, Nao will no longer be in the movie. Akiyama will not help Nao in this movie as he has done so far in the series, but there will now be a new female protagonist whom Akiyama is going to help, for a reason yet unknown.
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO, it won't be the same without Nao! Th-that's like you would replace one of the Team Rocket members or something! (Bad example is bad 8D)
Even though it was Nao's actor who didn't want/couldn't be in the movie or not, I don't know.. But if she could.. they shoulda used her again right? So did they use another heroine just because she couldn't/didn't want to? In that case, just to make money on the popularity this awesome series, right? :|  Meh, I don't know.
Well, I just strongly dislike removing one person from a duo that you have really started to take a deep liking to, and more or less replacing them with another person. Even though she isn't litterally going to replace Nao, it's pretty obvious that she and Akiyama will work together so she will kind of be in the same spot as Nao..

Okay, I could write about this series for twice as long as I did, but I won't. No one would read it. (I think this entry is far too long as well though lol..)

Season 2: 8,5/10
Movie: 8,7/10
(YES I LIKE DECIMALS, PROBLEM?)

- Hyung 형

1 comment:

  1. OMG, du gillar kpop!!! xD YEEEEAAAH (älskar att hitta människor som gillar det ^^)

    ReplyDelete