Sidor

Dec 8, 2011

Paprika (Anime movie)

Hi all! I just finished an anime movie called Paprika from 2006.
I would like to start off with telling you a bit about the story. The story is pretty complicated though (or maybe that's just me, because I have a hard time understanding stories unfortunately) but I'll do my best to explain it very shortly.

Okay so in the story, this device called DC Mini is developed which is something that makes you able to enter peoples dreams. A prototype of this DC Mini is stolen though, and such a tool in the wrong hands can destroy a persons personality while sleeping. Scientist Atsuko Chiba has an 'other self' which she uses to enter the dream world to try and find out who is using the device. This alter-ego is called Paprika.


Even though I have a hard time following the stories and details to the fullest (not only in Paprika, but in every series. I don't know why, it's annoying as hell) I still really enjoyed the movie! It has a unique art to it, and the creators are not afraid to push the boundaries and to draw really weird, different, gross and awesome stuff! I like these movies with a feeling of a.. I don't know how to explain it, odd fairytale? (Kind of like Miyazaki-movies). Really beautiful movie to watch and there are always something going on that makes you interested and never bored. The music is also very nice and very fitting for the style of the movie!
Check it out if you have some time to spare!

Hyung 형

No comments:

Post a Comment